What could enhance your beauty better than a charming smile? A beautiful smile speaks the language of the soul. Luscious and pink lips will definitely give you the confidence to smile more. It isn’t often, though, that we worry about the health of our lips. The condition of our lips can even give away secrets about our general health to onlookers. Pigmented and chapped lips could be a sign of deeper health issues. Here are a few remedies that can bring the pink of health back to your lips.
What Causes Chapped and Pigmented Lips?
Dry and pigmented lips could be a sign of an underlying health condition. Our lips are very delicate and extremely sensitive to environmental stimuli and harsh weather. Additionally, the lips do not have sweat glands to flush out toxins or retain hydration. Taking extra care of your lips for these reasons is important. Chapped, dry or pigmented lips are caused due to the following reasons:
- Dehydration is the main cause of dry lips that eventually become discoloured. Not consuming enough water can lead to dehydration.
- Lifestyle choices like processed foods in your diet, smoking, and high levels of stress can induce hyperpigmentation of the lips.
- Consumption of an excessive amount of caffeine leads to discolouration of lips.
- Expired lip products can be detrimental to skin health.
- Utilising products of poor quality with questionable ingredients will also damage your lips.
- Sleeping with makeup on can erode the delicate skin on the lips because of the chemical nature of lip makeup.
- Lip damage can also happen due to anaemia.
- Environmental pollutants, sun and cold air can also cause harm to your lips.
How to Get Pink Lips Naturally at Home?Protecting yourself from pollutants by wearing lip balm with SPF protection, staying hydrated, and using quality products will go a long way in preventing discolouration of your lips. But if you do happen to have dark and chapped lips, use these natural remedies to regain the pink colour of your lips: