UNEXPLAINED & SUDDEN WEIGHT LOSS
- Given the fact that cancer cells need a lot of energy, cancer makes certain changes in the metabolism.
- As a result, sudden weight loss process, especially if it is accompanied by fatigue and weakness, may indicate something serious.
- In fact, losing ten or more pounds without any changes in your diet or exercise routine is the first indicative sign of this disease.
- Due to the fact that the tumor has an impact on the function of the larynx, hoarseness or other changes in the voice are often symptoms of lung cancer.
- In case it is accompanied by coughing up blood, you should consult your doctor and ask to get an x-ray done.
DIFFICULTIES IN BREATHING
- Lung cancer restricts airflow in the airways as it tends to cause accumulation of fluid around the lungs.
- As a result, you will feel difficulties in breathing.
- Therefore, in case you experience shortness of breath while performing normal daily activities, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
A CONSTANT COUGH
- Many health issues are manifested by coughing.
- However, if a cough doesn’t seem to subside for more than two weeks, it can indicate a lung cancer.
CHANGES IN a COUGH
- If a cough becomes painful or it makes some changes in sound, it definitely needs medical attention.
- Other alarming signs include green mucus, coughing up blood, and expelling large quantities of rust-colored mucus.
- Last but not least, if a cough is followed by back or chest pain, it can be a sign of lung cancer.
- This type of pain is usually sharp and persistent and it can be a sign or other health issues as well.
- No matter what it signalizes, chest pain requires medical attention.