RLS (Restless leg syndrome) vs NLC (Nocturnal leg cramps) – 3 main differences:
- RLS doesn’t cause pain/cramping – NLC do;
- RLS is a crawling/discomfort feeling in your legs;
- RLS will make you move your legs / NLC prevents movement;
NLC – Most Common Causes
According to the experts, these are the most common risk factors for NLC:
- If you sit in improper position.
- If your sit for a long period of time.
- Standing on concrete floors (for a long period of time).
- Over-exertion (of the muscles).
The experts warn that some medical conditions can cause NLC as well:
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Flat feet.
NLC – the best natural treatments and preventive methods include:
- Horse chestnut – it will increase the blood flow in your legs.
- Heating pad – just apply it on the affected area.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid high heels.
- Take magnesium/potassium supplements.
NLC Strikes – what you need to do? Here’s the answer:
- Get up and walk around for 5 minutes.
- Massage the affected area (gently).
- Take 1 tsp of yellow mustard.